View the embedded image gallery online at:
Our 1\2 day outrigger canoe tour is unique to Costa Rica. We pioneered the use of outrigger canoes as a great way to take groups on the ocean way back in 1999.
Our outriggers (Hawaiian style canoes) are a great equalizers of abilities. Your steersperson in the canoe takes care of controlling your direction and everyone gets to the most beautiful beaches around at the same time. The canoes are more efficient than kayaks and paddling is a little easier. You will glide past spectacular cliffs filled with frigate birds and pelicans and your guide will point out interesting landmarks.
We snorkel (when conditions permit) from the beach so we have lots of options if someone in the group is into monkey and bird watching or beachcombing.
*( snorkeling only when conditions permit)
No experience is necessary to enjoy this tour to the fullest.
• *½ day tour departing from our paddling center in Playa Agujas at 8 am and 1:30 pm.
• Transportation is available from Jaco and all the surrounding area.
• Tours must be reserved in advance.
• Trip duration- 3ish hours, 4 with transport from Jaco.
• We provide- great guides-all necessary equipment-bottled water-fresh fruit buffet on the beach-showers and changing rooms after the tour along with a cold drink.
This tour is perfect for larger groups, up to 40 paddlers, families with small kids or grandparents, high school, university and corporate activities, multi sport tour option. We can operate the tour with a minimum of 4 persons.
*Hat, sun block, water shoes, bathing suit, change of clothes and a towel for after.
*Kayak Jaco will always have dry bags available